Bacon makes everything good! When these things were the rage in the eighties I was busy changing diapers and then after that it was a whole calendar of children’s events. You know soccer, tennis, scouts, birthday parties, and homework. I don’t think that I went to a single adult party during that time. So therefore, I missed these fantastic Bacon Thingeys that Ree raved about and then Paula. If you google these everyone in the world it seems has had these except me until Jane R. brought them to a pool party last June. Let me tell you that they literally flew out of the basket. I could not for the life of me figure out what they were. I just knew they were good. I was blown away when I learned it was simply a saltine wrapped in bacon with a little cheese and baked. Easy! If you haven’t tried these you should try them immediately. They will be perfect for the upcoming holiday parties.
Saltine crackers wrapped in 1/3 slice of bacon.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a little paprika and they are ready for the oven.
Bacon Thingeys from Jane R.
- Saltine Crackers
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slightly stretch a slice of bacon and cut it into three slices.
- Wrap each saltine cracker with a bacon slice. Don’t wrap too tightly.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese on top.
- Sprinkle a little paprika on top of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 25 minutes or until the cracker begins to turn brown and the bacon is cooked.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve at room temperature.