I found one of the easiest brunch recipes today. Your’re going to either hate me or love me. Especially when we’ve all made our New Year’s resolutions to be more healthy. It won’t hurt to indulge in just one small piece, though. The recipe is from one of my favorite recipe sources Pillsbury. It is a bake-off winner from 1998 and so simple that if will leave you wondering if you have done something wrong. I just bet that you have all the ingredients right there in your kitchen to get this started at your earliest convenience. You’ll need a Pillsbury pie crust, light brown sugar, softened butter, chopped pecans, and powdered sugar. While to pastry is coming to room temperature you can measure all your ingredients. In a mere 30 minutes you will have one of the best pastries that you could buy anywhere.
Now here’s how to put it together.
Pastry with the filling ready to fold.
This is ready for the oven.
Drizzled with icing.
Drizzled with icing and pecans added.
Cut and ready to enjoy!
Good to the last slice.
Easy Danish Kringle from Pillsbury
Yield: 8 servings (This is really stretching it! I think 4 servings unless you have alot of food)
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust softened as directed on the box
- 2/3 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter softened ( do not use margarine spread)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place pie crust on the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix 2/3 cup pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 3 tablespoons softened butter.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over half the pastry.
- Brush the edge of the pastry with water.
- Fold pie crust over the filling and move to the center of the cookie sheet.
- Press edge with fork to seal
- Prick the top with a fork.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk until smooth and desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm kringle.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons pecans.
- Cut into wedges.
- One Year Ago Goat Cheese with Olives, Lemon, and Thyme
- Two Years Ago Apple Dried Cherry Turnovers
- Three Years Ago Parmesan Dill Pull Apart Bread