This appetizer from Gourmet is just what we all want and need. It is so good and can literally be ready in 20 minutes. What else could you want? Deliciousness? Yes, it has that. I love it! You might need this for your next football party or when you and your friends get together for dinner. It is the perfect appetizer! I don’t have fresh thyme at my beck and call so I purchased some three times to make this. It did not happen and now I am left wondering why. Maybe because it is just too easy!
Try this with your favorite crackers, baguette slices, or bread. I am telling you it will be a hit.
Goat Cheese with Olives, Lemon, and Thyme from Gourmet
yield – 4-6 servings
- 1/3 cup assorted olives
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 4- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese
- crackers, flatbread, baguettes
- Heat olives, thyme, oil, zest, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small skilleat or saucepan over low heat until fragrant. DO NOT simmer.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Pour olive mixture over goat cheese.