I love a good pasta dish. Usually they are quick to make and you can add whatever you have on hand to make them your own dish. That is exactly what I did with this dish that my Tennessee friend told me about. Her family loved it so I knew that we would , too. I was right. It was a big hit. I am not a lover of alfredo sauce. It’s just too heavy for me. I’m more the fresh tomato sauce person or pesto sauce. I liked the dish the first night I served it, but what I did with the leftovers the next night I loved!
If you’re not a shrimp lover I would just use grilled chicken breasts and why not throw in some spinach. What a great combination that would be! I made my own Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, but you could buy it if you wanted to save a little extra time. So here’s another quick and easy dish that is perfect now that school has started.
Creamy Shrimp Alfredo from Kraft
Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 lb. linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 – 1 lb. deveined peeled medium shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz. (3/4 of 8 oz. pkg. Cream cheese cubed)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese plus some for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Heat dressing in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add shrimp, cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic for the last minute.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add cream cheese and broth to the remaining liquid in the skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes or until cheese is completed melted. Stirring frequently.
- Stir in shrimp and Parmesan Cheese.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Toss to coat.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and parsley.
*Note We had leftovers and what I did with them I loved more than the original recipe. In a large skillet I heated a little olive oil and dropped in about a cup of heirloom baby cherry tomatoes and heated until they were ready to pop. I then added the leftover pasta and shrimp with a little water to thin it out stirring as it heated. When it was good and hot I threw in some fresh arugula and cooked just until wilted. Goodness, it was delicious! All together this made 5 good-sized servings and I just used 1/2 lb. shrimp.
- One Year Ago Pan-fried Pork Loin Chops
- Two Years Ago Shredded Tacos with Guacamole
- Three Years Ago Measuring Ingredients