This year of cooking in a 45 minute class period has been quite trying at times. Some recipes I have found will work very well and others are just not worth the trouble. It is the same way with busy families. It can be very difficult to put together a home cooked meal and deal with everyone’s schedule. Here is a make it in 10 minute meal that you might have forgotten about. Tacos! Kids love them as well as adults. You cannot go wrong. Another plus is that everything can be made ahead of time and reheated when you are ready to eat.
- 1 pound ground meat
- Pinch of cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans
- Soft corn or flour tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- other topping such as shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, peppers, and whatever you like
- Brown and drain ground meat.
- Season meat with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Heat tortillas according to the package.
- Heat black beans until bubbly in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Fill tortillas with a couple of tablespoons of seasoned meat and heated beans.
- Top with cilantro and your favorite toppings.