Here is a way to amp up your next salad or soup with these wonderful homemade Parmesan Croutons. Oh my Gosh! Crunchy bread seasoned with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper it’s the best ever. I could not believe how easy they were and how good the result was. Next time you are making a salad try these and see what everyone says. I can bet it is “wow these are great!”
You can make them ahead of time and store in a tightly sealed bag. If you have people hanging out in the kitchen when you are making them you probably won’t have many left cause they smell so good and you can’t resist popping them in your mouth.
Ready to stir bread into oil seasoned with salt and pepper.
I used a microplaner to cover the bread with parmesan cheese.
Bake for about 7 minutes and stir. Bake the remaining 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Put your salad together and throw some sliced turkey on it. YUM!
Homemade Parmesan Croutons
Yield: Enough for 4-5 salads
- 4 slices bread torn or cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces ( I left the crust on)
- good olive oil
- salt ( I used Kosher)
- freshly grounded pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread on a rimmed baking sheet and push to the side.
- Pour about 1/4 cup olive oil or more on one side of the pan.
- Salt and pepper the olive oil. Think of seasoning a pan of vegetables when you are adding the seasoning.
- Push the bread in the olive oil and stir together.
- Spread out and using a microplaner liberally cover the bread cubes.
- Bake for about 7 minutes and flip pieces over. Bake about 8 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool thoroughly on the baking sheet . Do not store if warm. This will cause them to get soggy!
- Serve with your favorite salad or soup.