Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate? It is one of my favorites from ice cream to candy and when I saw this 5 years ago I saved it. Yes, I know it’s been a long time coming. I love this recipe if you even want to call it a recipe. It’s so easy to throw together. Just give yourself time to chill it either in the refrigerator or if you are in a bigger hurry use the freezer. To make it a little festive try bagging it in clear bags and tie with some orange and yellow ribbon. Then surprise your friends with a bag of bark. Keeping two pounds of this at my house is not a good idea , if you know what I mean. Happy Halloween!
Here is the recipe straight from Bon Appetit. It is definitely a winner! You are going to love it.
Halloween Peanut Butter and Toffee Candy Bark from Bon Appetit
Yield: 2 pounds or 30 2-in pieces
- 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate chips ( I used dark chocolate chips)
- 3 1.9 oz. Butterfinger candy bars cut into 1 inch irregular pieces
- 3 1.4 oz Skor or Heath toffee candy bars cut into 3/4 in. pieces ( I had to buy fun size bars , cut in half which was about 1/2 cup)
- 8 .55-oz peanut butter cups cut into 8 wedges
- 3 oz. quality white chocolate
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts (I used salted peanuts)
- 1 cup yellow and orange peanut M&M’s (I used 2 large bags and removed the yellow and orange)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Melt chocolate chips. I like to put a Pyrex mixing boil over boiling water and placing the chocolate in the bowl until warm not hot. I have ruined too much chocolate trying to use the microwave. You could melt it directly in a heavy sauce pan, but watch it carefully.
- Pour chocolate onto the lined baking sheet. Spread to 1/4 in. thickness or about 12 x 10 in.
- Sprinkle Butterfinger, toffee, peanut butter cup, and nuts. Save the M&M’s to put on after drizzling the white chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate until warm.
- Dip a spoon into the chocolate and wave the spoon from side to side to create zig zag lines. It took me a few time to get this. Don’t spoon up the white chocolate just did your spoon into it. It will take a few minutes to do this step.
- Press the M&M’s into the melted chocolate.
- Chill until firm.
- The bark will peel right off the parchment paper. Break or cut into irregular pieces.