Publix and I are best friends. When you spend hours at the grocery store as I do you have to love the place. I love their apron simple meals and have used them on this blog and have prepared them for my classes many times with great results. This Parmesan-Crusted Chicken that I discovered this summer is a keeper. Anyone that can boil water and turn on the oven has got it made. Plus the meal is so delicious. By the way for all of you that are interested school starts for me two weeks from today. Where has my summer gone? So I’m digging in and enjoying every last minute.
Start with boneless chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top the chicken with a mixture of freshly grated Parmesan cheese mixed with your favorite mayonnaise. My favorite is without a doubt Hellmann’s. Next sprinkle a few bread crumbs on top and pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes. Easy! Now while your chicken is reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees bring your water to a boil for the pasta and zest a lemon. When the chicken comes out of the oven prepare your pasta according to the package which will take less than 5 minutes if you are using angel hair. Drain the pasta and put back in the same pan with butter, lemon zest,Parmesan cheese, olive oil and arugula. Stir gently just until butter melts and that’s all there is to this wonderful meal!
We had plenty of leftovers since there’s only two of us and the leftovers were great the next day. So go ahead here’s dinner tonight.
Parmesan-crusted Chicken from Publix
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine mayonnaise and cheese.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Top evenly with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 2. Bake 15–20 minutes or until chicken is 165°F. Serve.
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons herb garlic butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups arugula (or baby spinach) leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1/2 teaspoon).
- Cook and drain pasta following package instructions. Drain.
- Using the same pan add: butter, oil, and zest. Stir in pasta until butter melts.
- Stir in remaining ingredients Arugula, cheese, salt and pepper. Serve.