I came out of my comfort zone today with this salad. Adding fruit to fish or chicken is just not my style, but this salad is really good . It comes together in the ten minutes it takes to cook the pasta. If you really don’t care for the taste of canned tuna the apples and grapes turn it into a not so tuna salad.
So here’s how it came down for lunch…
By the way I am enjoying my beach time!
Tuna Pasta Salad with Apples & Grapes Adapted from many recipes
Yield : 4 servings
- 9 ounce can albacore tuna, drained
- 8 ounces or 2 cups small shell pasta, cooked
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, green part thinly sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 medium apple cored and chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking chop celery, green onions, grapes, and apple.
- Put apple in serving bowl and juice 1/2 lemon on the apple. Mix. This will keep the apple from turning brown and add flavor.
- To the apple add celery, onion, grapes, tuna and mayonnaise. Add walnuts if using.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.