We’re spending some time by the ocean and here’s what we had for dinner the other night. Just a perfect dish for anytime , but the dish was really good for a little vacation time! It’s so easy and packed with lots of flavor. I like it with a little more heat so I added more chipotle peppers. Don’t wait for vacation to try these shrimp and grits now is the perfect time. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound frozen large shrimp (31 to 35), thawed, peeled, and deveined (tails left on)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from 2 limes)
- In a medium pot, cook grits according to package instructions. Stir in cheddar and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium.
- Add scallions and chipotle and sauce; cook, stirring, until scallions are tender, 4 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, 3 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Top grits with shrimp and sauce.
Here they are as leftovers which by the way are great!