We’re spending some time by the ocean and here’s what we had for dinner the other night. Just a perfect dish for anytime , but the dish was really good for a little vacation time! It’s so easy and packed with lots of flavor. I like it with a little more heat so I added more chipotle peppers. Don’t wait for vacation to try these shrimp and grits now is the perfect time. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Chipotle Shrimp with Cheddar Grits from Everyday Food, November 2012
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound frozen large shrimp (31 to 35), thawed, peeled, and deveined (tails left on)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from 2 limes)
- In a medium pot, cook grits according to package instructions. Stir in cheddar and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium.
- Add scallions and chipotle and sauce; cook, stirring, until scallions are tender, 4 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, 3 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Top grits with shrimp and sauce.
Here they are as leftovers which by the way are great!
- One Year Ago: Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Two Years Ago: Chili with Chipotle and Chocolate
- Three Years Ago: Cranberry Sauce
- Four Years Ago: Sour Dough Bread