One of my favorite appetizers is spinach and artichoke dip. This pizza from Real Simple is a sister to the dip! I love it! Now pizza is not my most favorite food, but if I make my own crust and cook it on my pizza stone it is a food made in heaven. The pizza is not as heavy as you would think. Really it is light yet filling. So if you are in the mood for pizza and don’t want to go the meat lover’s way this one is for you.
I made my homemade crust, but feel free to buy your favorite pizza dough or just use the pizza dough in the can. The topping is the headliner.
Spinach and Artichoke Pizza from Real Simple
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature (enough for a 2 9- in. pizzas)
- 2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (don’t use anything but marinated artichoke hearts!)
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 4 ounces mozzarella, grated (1 cup)
- 1/2 8-ounce bar cream cheese, cut up
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 525° F or your oven’s highest temperature. Shape the dough into two 9 inch rounds. Place dough on parchment paper or on a greased pizza pan. I cook my pizza on parchment paper on a heated pizza stone.
2. Divide evenly with the artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella, cream cheese, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Bake in the bottom third of the oven until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.