Every once in a while I must have a down home country-style meal. You know what I mean. Meat with lots of vegetables plus bread, preferably biscuits. I don’t cook this type of meal often, but it is the type of meal that reminds me of my grandmother. She always had this meal ready on any given day. That’s not going to happen in my house for many reasons. What’s a girl to do that religiously eats a salad for lunch to get a fat fix? The meal I prepared with these pork cutlets is one great way to get the fix! Some of you are thinking that this nutrition teacher has gone off the deep end. Not quite, this is my reward for the many visits to the gym and eating in moderation.
I love fresh vegetables, but I am a meat lover, too. When shopping for a meat to go with vegetables I found cubed pork cutlets on sale. Three large servings for $2.50 compared to beef cubed steaks that were over $6.00. They quickly made their way into my shopping cart.
These pork cutlets are easy and very quick to prepare. I served macaroni and cheese, okra and green tomatoes, fresh field peas, sliced tomatoes and yes I made these biscuits. It was heavenly! I can see this making a sandwich with dill pickle slices, lettuce, and a slice of tomato. Or what about breakfast? Any way that you serve this crispy piece of pork satisfaction will be guaranteed.
Pan Fried Pork Cutlets
- Pork cutlets cubed
- lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter ( will help to brown the meat beautifully)
- enough vegetable oil to cover pan
- Season both sides of cutlets with lemon pepper
- Dredge with flour
- Heat nonstick skillet on medium high
- Add oil and butter
- Heat oil and butter until it starts to shimmer or when placing meat in skillet it really sizzles.
- Cook cutlets for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Don’t crowd the skillet. Cook meat in 2 or 3 batches if needed add more vegetable oil.
- Turn cutlets and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
The Teacher Cooks