I had no intention of making these cookies. For the last two months it has been torture around here trying to shed the ten pounds I have gained since starting this food blog. Five pounds have been lost, but Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are not my friend!
I’m so ready to throw these mounds of melt in your mouth goodness in the trash because chocolate and peanut butter are my all time favorites!! These little bites are just the same as eating this Best Ever Chocolate Sheet Cake frosting. They are hard to resist. Why did I even make them you ask? My plans changed because our schedule last week at school was crazy. First block was cut to sixty minutes on Wednesday so I had to find something quick. Looking through files I found this cookie recipe that my friend Ann made last year for my class. Why not try them? These cookies seemed to be a perfect choice. They looked simple and easy enough to throw together and eat in less than an hour. No problem! Not so fast!
These little cookies are not really cookies. They are candy and I have I told you that I am a very poor candy maker!!! Twice I made them and both times they were a gooey mess. So back to the drawing board I went. Thank goodness I found some help here . The syrup has to come to a full boil. My mistake was starting the timer as soon as the mixture started to simmer. Don’t make the same mistake ! If you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do you’re going to love these. It’s like eating the best fudge you have ever had without all the stress. A few ingredients and a little of your time is all you need. Head to the kitchen and get things rolling. Your family will love you!
The No Bake Cookies should NOT look like this:
Here are some tips:
- Use quick cooking oats.
- Stir together sugar, butter,and milk just until the mixture starts to bubble, then STOP stirring.
- Let the mixture come to a FULL boil. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Take mixture off the heat and stir in vanilla, peanut butter, and oats.
- Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper.
- Give away to your friends or you will eat them all.
No Bake Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups of quick cooking oats
- In a 2 quart saucepan stir together sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa. Stir just until butter melts and sugar is mixed in. Do not stir anymore.
- When mixture comes to a Full boil cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Take off heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and oats.
- Drop by teaspoon on to wax paper.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
The Teacher Cooks