This time of the year I am always trying to keep my life organized and stress free. That’s really funny. No it is next to impossible. Imagine trying to organize meals for two places at the same time and then doing all the grocery shopping, cooking, serving, and cleaning. It is enough to make the most organized person crazy. Here is a great recipe for times when you want a great meal, but are short on time. I love my slow cooker for certain foods and this is one of them. And another thing this recipe takes really no cooking skills at all. What could be better?
Shredded Beef Tacos
- 4 lb. rump roast ( Bottom round)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cans original Rotel tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Rub roast with cumin, oregano , and garlic.
- Place in slowcooker. Pour in wine and rotel tomatoes.
- Cook on slow for about 7 hours .
- Remove roast from the cooker. Shred with two forks. Moisten meat with some of the liquid. Moist but not drippy.
- Serve in soft tortillas with your favorite toppings
Makes about 10 servings and freezes great!
This is a great recipe for guacamole from my friend Anna. We had it on vacation a couple of years ago when we were spending the week at St. George Island. It was a great vacation and a memorable recipe. Just for you to enjoy!
- 2 to 3 Haas avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 medium onion ( I used about 1/3 cup finely chopped in a small food processor)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- Slice avocado and remove pit.
- Mash avocado with a fork. Add lime juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Cover guacamole with plastic wrap pushing down until the wrap touches the guacamole and all the air is removed. This will stop the dip from turning dark. I think this is just as good the next day.
The Teacher Cooks