After doing as little shopping one of my favorite places to have lunch is Prime at Lenox Square. I just love their Cobb Salad with blue cheese dressing. I am happy to say that I have found the recipe so now all of us can enjoy it at home. It packs a lot of flavor and you’ll find you only need a small amount so guess what – a reduction in the amount of calories. I can go for that! I just put together a chopped salad including chopped romaine, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and hearts of palm. I placed all the vegetables in a container with a top and added about a heaping teaspoon of dressing. I put the top on it and gave it a good shake. Oh my Gosh! So help yourself to the greatest salad dressing and it is just a shame that it is so easy to make.
Blue Cheese Dressing from Southern Living
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise ( I used Hellmann’s)
- 1 cup or 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup or 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese ( I used Boar’s Head)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve .
60 calories per tablespoon
- One Year Ago Goat Cheese with Olives, Lemon and Thyme
- Two Years Ago Sausage and Cheese Balls
- Three Years Ago Chili in 30 minutes