This Cheesecake is almost a miracle. From the top to the bottom it’s all no-bake. It’s so easy that you can whip it up in the morning and serve it for dinner with very little effort. The traditional cheesecake is delicious, but can be labor intensive and then fooling with that water bath can be intimidating for some of us. Try this simple no-bake cheesecake and you will be pleasantly surprised with the results.
This is another Everyday Food recipe from Sara Carey that is a no-bake wonder.
No-Bake Cheesecake from Everyday Food July/August 2013
Yield: 10 servings
- 15 graham cracker ( 8 ounces) or 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 8 – ounce packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (full-fat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- 2 cups fresh berries
- In a food processor pulse graham crackers until finely ground. You will have about 2 cups.
- Add butter to the crumbs, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and salt. Pulse until combined.
- Press evenly onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat cream cheese until fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup Greek yogurt, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the cream that has been whipped.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the crust and smooth top.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine berries and remaining 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of cake and release side to remove from pan.
- Top with berries and juices.