This is a great idea to get your kids in the kitchen. I made these last week for my high school students and they loved them! It is something that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and the next thing you know you are enjoying them with a cup of Joe! It makes about 30 at about 80 calories each with is not too bad. So if you were like me with some canned biscuits hanging around in the refrigerator these are winners.
The down side is that some of the cans of biscuits are a little difficult to separate into three parts. I found that it is much easier to separate the dough when it is very cold. Take them out of the refrigerator when ready to use. To speed up the process get yourself some help. Three to four helpers is not a bad idea.
Cinnamon Sugar Snackers from Pillsbury
Yield : 30 to 40 snack chips
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 (12-oz) can Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a small shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 3 to 4 layers.
- Dip each layer into melted butter.
- Coat both sides with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place each 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.