This is my 25th year at AHS. I have taught in the same room and have taught an array of classes from Clothing and Textiles, Interior Decorating, Technology in the Home, Child Development, Teaching as a Profession and Foods. I’ve loved each and every one of them. Yes, there have been students that stood out in each of these classes. Many of them I stay in contact with today, but I’ve never had two classes as I have had this semester. Don’t get me wrong the semester hasn’t been a piece of cake. I have worked myself to death. We made 32 different dishes. Half of these we had labs. So that means that I have spent many hours making grocery lists, shopping, putting groceries up, cooking, cleaning, setting up labs, evaluating work and doing laundry! But, the students have been a different group.
Here is why:
- I heard almost zero complaining!
- They were eager to learn. Tell me more Mrs. Lupo. Just open up and tell me everything that you know!
- They were excited about everything.
- They were super nice to me.
- If something went wrong in the classroom and I got all stressed out about the mistake they told me that it was not a big deal. Usually students are just waiting for teachers to mess up.
- They smiled every day.
- They talked to me.
- They liked the class.
- They worked.
- They paid attention.
- They made me smile every day.
It has been a pleasure to be the teacher for these students. I have loved every minute. I know that they have learned valuable life skills.
Thanks to all of you this semester that have made my life as a teacher the best! I will miss you greatly.
Now here is what we prepared for our last lab. Mexican Stuffed Shells and you can find the recipe here.
The Teacher Cooks