I am begging forgiveness before I post this pie recipe. It is so good that you are going to want to eat the whole thing. It is that good and I am not exaggerating. Well, maybe a little. You’ll love it. It will forever be your go to pie. And yes, there’s no crust to fool with. But wait, I love a flaky crust. So you’re asking yourself,” why does she love this pie?” There is something about the peaches, cream cheese, and cinnamon together that makes it melt in your mouth. Get this, it calls for canned peaches. That’s just wrong. It is too easy if you ask me. A big thanks to Anna for giving me this recipe a long time ago. Now it is your turn to make this scrumptious dessert and please don’t hate me for it!
Here’s what you need for this jewel.
Combine in a large bowl flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding, butter, egg, and milk. Pour into a greased pie plate.
Drain peaches and save the juice.
Place fruit over the batter crust.
Combine cream cheese, sugar and 3 tablespoons of reserved juice. Beat for 2 minutes and spoon to within 1 inch of the plate.
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake for about 30 – 35 minutes.
Peach Cheese Cobbler
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3 1/4 oz. dry vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons butter soft
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 15 oz. or 20 oz. sliced peaches ( do not use freestone)
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons of reserved peach juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine in a large mixing bowl flour, baking powder, salt, pudding, butter, egg, and milk. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into greased 9 or 10 inch pie dish.
- Drain peaches and reserve juice.
- Place fruit over batter crust.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and reserved juice. Beat for 2 minutes. spoon mixture to within 1 inch of the edge of pie plate.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle over cream cheese filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Crust should be golden brown and filling will appear soft.
- Refrigerate immediately for at least 2 hours
- ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!
The Teacher Cooks